Thursday 16 January 2014

Research into magazine adverts

As I have to design an advert for my digipak, I have decided to do some research into key conventions of an album's/ single's advert in a magazine.

In the FUN advert they use big bold black colours to emphasize the the band and album name. Also by using yellow as a back ground colour in put even more emphasize on the words and makes the whole advertisement stand out.
Having the reviews at the top of the ad shows consumers how good the album is.
The use of the band members at the bottom of the advertisement could make some of their audience relate to them and by having one of the members holding the album it tells them what to look for.
Although I think that this is a good advertisement, I don't think that it is right for my advert because it is too bright and colourful. This will not appeal to my audience and so I will have to use a different method of advertisement. 


These next three photos I feel will appeal to my audience.
The Script's advertisement for their album I feel works better for my audience. This is because it is more grown up and powerful. It is also eye catching but in a different way to the use of yellow in FUN's advert. The Script's is eye catching because it is different and makes people look more into the photo. The use of mashing the band into one image suggests unity and a sense of togetherness which I think my audience will want to see from their artists. Something which I don't think I will be able to replicate from this advertisement is the fact that the artists are bigger than the name and the album name. This because my band are new and so their faces are not as well known as the likes of  Danny O'donoghue (lead singer of The Script) so this means that to sell the album I have to show of the band name and album name.

As the song is called colder, the way that I am going to interpret the way The Script's advertisement works is to have the three band members blow air to create the effect in the photo on the right. As they are all going to be taken from the same place and of the same part of the face, I can overlap the photos so that it gives the effect of the photo on the left. This also means that there is the sense of unity that The Script have and it relates to the song. All these things I feel will appeal to my audience and make them want to buy the album.     





No comments:

Post a Comment